Today a few minor updates / patches have been added to the server.
- A new lost cargo minigame has been added to the server. This minigame update happens every day at 4 AM (4:00) (In-game Time). The aim of the game is too find the lost cargo pickup. The clue times are as followed...
4 AM (4:00) - The lost cargo will be announced and spawn at a random location.
8 AM (8:00) - The server will announce the closest city to the lost cargo.
12 PM (12:00) - The server will announce the region the lost cargo is in.
4 PM (16:00) - The server will announce the closest player to the lost cargo.
8 PM (20:00) - The distance to the lost cargo in meters will be announced(you will only see how far away you are).
12 AM (24:00) - If nobody has founded the lost cargo then the cargo will be destroyed and the reward from that cargo will be added to the next cargo reward. A new cargo will be dropped at 4:00 (4 AM).
NOTE: You can see the clues at any time (including the updating distance to cargo) by using the /lostcargo(/lc) command.
- Max Interest has been capped to 1 Million, if you have more than 2 billion in your bank account then you'll receive 1 Million. This is due to the fact such large integers can't be used(It's causing numbers to go into negative states).
- If you have over 2 billion in your bank accounts (1 User) it will be displayed as $2,000,000,000(+) to avoid negative integers being shown.
- A new VIP map color has been added, the color is "Cerulean(0x05B8CCFF)"
Hi all, today we have updated from SAMP 0.3X to SAMP 0.3Z, due to this update you'll be required to upgrade your SAMP client which you can do here - Download SAMP 0.3z Here!.
SAMP's new version includes many news features such as -
SA-MP 0.3z is mainly a security update for the SA-MP 0.3 branch. We've managed to include a few features and fixes too.
- An optional lag compensation mode improves shooting accuracy.
- New server callbacks allow greater control over weapons and vehicles.
- Network statistics functions will make it easier to admin servers.
- Many minor security updates for both the client and server.
Yes, It's official and only 6 days late! Pilots Life has now been up and running for 3 years! I would personally like to thank all the players who've stuck with the server throughout these exciting years; It's been filled with many unforgettable memories. The server has grown a fair bit over the past year, we've managed to reach 265,000 users with over 4000 Active users(Logged in during the past week), not the mention some of these users have managed to boost past 30,000 score. As well as these score achievements our Anti-Cheat Ricardo has just passed 20,000 bans.
This year has been pretty smooth, It's been one of PL's better years. As a server owner there is nothing better than seeing your server populated with an amazing bunch of people, all the late nights spent updating the server have really paid off.
I thank you all for playing Pilots Life, It's been a great year and we're looking forward to reaching more milestones. Have fun and enjoy yourself these Christmas holidays. Be prepared for an awesome christmas event coming next month as well as christmas themed forums & main website.
Thanks all for reading, we'll be sure to keep you updated on all the new updates & information.
Hello, today I have launched a new advertising system which allows airlines and companies to advertise their group on PL's main page. Any group can display a 1000x100 banner or similar at the top of the news feed. A random ad is selected when a user views the main page, no ad's get benefited over other ad's, the system is completely fair and will display a random selected one.
Why should I advertise
- Advertising is a great way to find more users, the ad's are displayed right in the center of website's home page and it links directly to your airline's web page - I'm also planning to have a 'Submit Application' box somewhere on the group pages so users can join with ease and it should make ads a bit more beneficial. You're able to see how many users have clicked each ad and view which ad is performing the best.
How much does it cost to advertise
- Advertising only costs $200,000 per day, you can renew your ad subscription for 1,2,3,5,7,14 and 30 day periods. If you're renewing an already active ad the time will simply be added onto your current time.
- You can also show as many ad's as you want, the more ad's you create, the more chance a user will see them when they open the home page. A multi advertising campaign could come in expensive but could definitely benefit your airline if more and more users are seeing it.
- Advertisements will automatically expire when it's time is up, if you wish to active the ad again you can simply click the 'Renew Advert' image.
If you have any questions / problems with the system feel free to PM me or post below.
Thanks all, I hope the group's of PL will love the new system and it'll help them get new members.
Hi, in recent weeks the airline and company markets have been booming and groups have traded from hand to hand quite a lot. We've also had a few problems with users saying they were not notified or they weren't given back investments they made in the company. I would like to state some of the following rules regarding these sales below.
1) The main owner does not need to tell anybody that he's selling the group. Only the owner(s) need to talk about it. You're also not entitled to any sort of money payment or another rank in the new group, the new owners can remove you if they wish.
2) If you were lucky enough to be promoted to a high rank in an airline it doesn't mean you own a part of it. You do not need to be told / warned about the selling of the group.
3) Any donation you made to a group is considered exactly that. Once you have donated you can not get it refunded and you are not entitled to get that money back if the group is sold. Although, if you ask nicely and are on good terms with the owner they may give back your investment / donation(But please remember they don't have to).
4) Group Investments (Paying money to become a higher rank) - If you're going to invest money into the group then you need to discuss before hand if you'll be refunded in the event of the group being sold (May pay to take screenshots of the agreement in case a dispute breaks out - which has been fairly common recently). If no agreement was made then we will favour with the main owner, they will no have to give you a refund in this case.
In addition to these rules the admins and myself have become decided on some new rules regarding airline / company sub forums.
1) Your group must be at least 2 weeks old to have a sub-forum setup, no exceptions. This is due to most new groups being sold within this time, it's becoming a pain to edit / manage these boards.
2) Due to the excessive amount of sub boards being created we have limited each group to have only 3 Sub forums. Current groups that have more than 3 sub forums can still keep them.
3) As you may have noticed both airlines / companies can now advertise their groups on the PL website home page, at the moment this is free but after awhile we will start charging $100-300k per day, once the feature has been setup the money will be automatically charged from your group's account. Groups also need to be at least 2 weeks old to get their group advertised.