Author Topic: Trucking missions open up window of possibilities for Pilot's Life.  (Read 2591 times)

Offline Apollo

• Pilot's Life Vice Cartographer
  • Administrator
  • Air Force Captain
  • Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon

In the past few days, players have been able to purchase trailers for their truck at a special new store in Flint County.  This addition was completed by the implement of trucking missions.

Earlier, players would purchase trucks at the Blueberry Truck Store, but trucks remained a rare thing: due to its slow speed, few players ever bought one.
The recent additions of Courier missions with Sadlers, Bensons, Yankees, Rumpos, Ponies, and Bobcats , as well as trucking missions with Linerunners, Tankers and Roadtrains have boosted the store's business.
In order to work with trucks, one has buy a truck but also a trailer. Trailers are available for sale at a special new store in Flint County, next to the Flint Intersection. They cost 300 thousand dollars for the 4 "regular" trailers (Petrol Trailer, Artic Trailer 1, 2 and 3 )  and 180 thousand dollars for the smaller Utility trailer, attached to a Utility van.

In our testing, we also found out that mission locations are really varied, from Restaurants to Freight  Depots to Factories all over San Andreas.

On the other hand, some problems persist: airlines can not buy trailers nor trucks. Thus the money and score earned by trucking is not counted for in the airline statistics. Players also cannot spray their trailer on their own, something they ought to have.

Such missions could not even be dreamt of a few months ago, but today, Pilot's Life opens up to a new era : not just planes, but also buses, taxis, trucks, vans. Most players welcome this evolution, and the roads of San Andreas were filled with truckers this morning.
We hope it's all for the best!

Apollo, reporting for SAN News.

Offline Knight

• The Mayhem
  • VIP Level 3
  • Air Force Captain
  • ¡Hala madrid! Y nada más
  • In-Game Name: Knight
Re: Trucking missions open up window of possibilities for Pilot's Life.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 12:25:21 PM »
Finally , a long wait ending up just nicely.
Pedal The Metal!  8)
Real Madrid Club de Fútbol - Estd. 1902 : el mejor equipo del mundo

Historia que tú hiciste, Historia por hacer. Hasta el final, Vamos Real!
Win, lose or tie.. Madridista till I die.

Offline estXcrew

• Air Force Commander
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 12:32:52 PM »
Holy shit! What's the truck mod?

Nice topic! 8)

Offline Apollo

• Pilot's Life Vice Cartographer
  • Administrator
  • Air Force Captain
  • Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon

Offline Beav

• VIP Level 2
  • Air Force Commander
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 05:55:32 PM »
APOLLO MARRY ME!
bye

Offline Lanayru

• VIP Level 2
  • Air Force Commander
  • cherry mx blue masterrace
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 11:06:14 PM »
Holy shit! What's the truck mod?

http://www.gtainside.com/download.php?do=comments&cat=135&start=7&id=44278

:)

Kenworths arnt the best truck, trust me, anyways yay after 4 months of constent talking etc etc to get my trucking suggestion accepted it finally did! :). This update has now made the roads of San Andreas much more filled :) great article!
"Shadow and Light are two sides of the same coin...One cannot exist without the other. "

"Some call our realm a world of shadows, but that makes it sound so unpleasant... The twilight there holds a serene beauty... You have seen it yourself as the sun sets on this world. Bathed in that light, all the people were pure and gentle... But things changed once that foul power pervaded the world..."

Offline Kᴍᴇɴ

• PL Sponsor
  • Air Force Commander
  • Screw your limits I got plot armor
  • In-Game Name: Kmen117
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 11:32:26 PM »
get a peterbilt
Zamasu? I don't know who she is
DHL Buffalo and Inverted Buffalo Express OG member

Offline Lanayru

• VIP Level 2
  • Air Force Commander
  • cherry mx blue masterrace
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 01:26:06 AM »
i cant choose what i can drive or not, it doesnt work like that, if the company is a kenworth company and dont want owner operators then i cant do anything.
"Shadow and Light are two sides of the same coin...One cannot exist without the other. "

"Some call our realm a world of shadows, but that makes it sound so unpleasant... The twilight there holds a serene beauty... You have seen it yourself as the sun sets on this world. Bathed in that light, all the people were pure and gentle... But things changed once that foul power pervaded the world..."